MS097 – Getting it Together – Wound Management and Closure in Dogs and Cats
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Let specialist soft tissue surgeon, Ronan Doyle guide you through a practical approach to wound management and closure.
- Join European and RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Surgery Ronan Doyle for three 2-hour sessions
- Develop a logical problem-solving approach to open wound management
- There will be a focus on techniques available to most general practitioners from simple tips for straightforward local closure to options for the more challenging cases
- Understand when and where to use newer techniques in wound management technology
- Remove the stress from removing skin tumours from planning the excision to executing the closure
- Essential practical tips from our expert tutor
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- 12 Months access to recorded sessions
- Superb value for money – learn without traffic jams or rota hassles
- Watch the recordings on your iPad
- This Mini Series was originally broadcast in October 2015
Step by Step – Logical Open Wound Management
- Understanding the process of wound healing
- Determining why the wound won’t heal – is it the patient or is it us?
- Initial decision-making for Open Wound Management
- Ongoing goal-directed Open Wound Management
Surgical Wound Closure – Making the Most of Available Skin
- Understanding and implementing the ‘Rules of Closure’
- Using straightforward techniques to manage local wound tension
- The planned wound: Considerations when creating a wound including the principles of surgical oncology
- The where, when and how of local skin flaps
Location, Location, Location – Managing Wounds in Tricky Locations
- When to consider more complex flaps
- Understanding the different types of skin graft
- Considering newer developments in wound management and wound management technology
- Managing wounds that seem to defy closure
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT