1451 Advanced Spinal Surgery (June 2021)
24th – 25th June 2021, Studley, Warwickshire
Spinal conditions such as intervertebral disc disease, trauma, degenerative stenosis and congenital anomalies can present a major challenge. Although a hemilaminectomy and ventral slot are the main surgery types effective for disc disease, sometimes a dorsal approach may be required, and chronic discs may require removal of part of the body of the vertebra. Further surgical challenges come when the presenting conditions require the use of spinal implants which need to be placed in precise positions to be successful and to avoid serious injury to the patient.
Following on from the success of the spinal surgery course that we have offered for over 10 years, we are now offering a 2 day advanced spinal surgery course which will address alternative approaches and the use of implants in the vertebral column. Prior attendance of the introductory spinal surgery course would be beneficial but is not mandatory.
What you’ll learn:
- Surgical stabilisation of AA subluxation
- Surgery for Wobbler syndrome
- Surgery for lumbosacral disease
- Lateral corpectomy for the treatment of chronic discs in the thoracolumbar spine.
- Extensive hands-on practice sessions with expert guidance and tuition
- Your instructors have over 30 years of combined experience in spinal surgery and are 2 of our most popular tutors
- Get essential practical tips and learn how to avoid potentially disastrous complications
Simon Platt BVM&S DipECVN DipACVIM MRCVS
Laurent Garosi DVM DipECVN MRCVS
If you would prefer to reserve your place for 7 days whilst you arrange payment or check your commitments then click here